VAT is implemented across UAE from 1st January 2018. In this article, we will discuss the UAE VAT Registration Process in detail.
Thresholds for UAE VAT Registration Process
- Mandatory Registration for businesses whose annual turnover is more than AED 375,000.
- Voluntary Registration for businesses whose annual turnover is between AED 187,500 & AED 375,000.
- Startups whose VAT attracted expenses are more than AED 187,500.
Documents Required for UAE VAT Registration Process
List of documents required is as below:
- Copy of Trade License
- Passport copy (Owner/partners)
- Emirates ID (Owner/partners)
- Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Company’s Bank Account details and IBAN
- Details Business Turnover for the last 12 months (Balance Sheet, Audited Reports or Bank Statements)
- Customs Authority Registration code
Other Required Details for UAE VAT Registration Process
- Company’s registered address and P.O. Box.
- Projected revenues and expenses for the next 30.
- Details of Busines Activities. (Import/Export or Trading).
- Names of GCC countries if doing business in them.
- Name of Tax Group (if want to they want one tax group number for all the entities).
UAE VAT Registration Process
Please keep the above-mentioned documents and details ready before you start the registration process on VAT registration portal.
Steps for UAE VAT Registration Process:
- Go to FTA Online Portal.
- Sign up for a new account.
- After successful sign-up, start your registration process as guided on the FTA website.
- Enter relevant details and submit the application.
- On successful submission, Tax Registration Number (TRN) will be provided to the user.
Businesses will be notified by email and SMS when your TRN is generated.
Contact us for VAT related enquireies @ firstname.lastname@example.org